Your number one goal should be to keep you family safe and that means ensuring your drinking water is safe. As a resident of Florida, you may want to filter your water because of all the contaminants contained in Southwest Florida drinking water.
High Arsenic Levels
Unfortunately, Florida’s drinking water supply is contaminated with arsenic which is of greatest concern. In the City of Fort Myers, test results from the sludge dump show dangerous arsenic levels that are 5.3 times higher than what is permitted by the Environmental Protection Agency for safe drinking water.
Failure to Enforce Safe Drinking Water Laws
https://www.crystalclear-systems.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/southwest-florida-drinking-water.jpgThere are 7.5 million Florida residents who are served by water treatment plants with safe water violations. In fact, Florida’s drinking water ranks among the nation’s worst. This problem is not going to go away any time soon because there is no official enforcing the safe water laws. Additionally, Florida’s outdated water infrastructure is deteriorating. The state’s top violations included failing to provide residents with an annual water quality report. Also exceeding safe limits in the drinking water were contaminants such as cancer-causing disinfectants, lead, copper and coliform from human waste.
Keeping Your Family Safe
If the authorities aren’t going to enforce safe drinking water laws, then it is up to you to keep your family safe. You may wonder how you go about doing this. The answer is simple. Install a whole house filtration system to ensure your Southwest Florida drinking water is safe. Such a system has many benefits including:
- Pure and clean water from every source in your home, from the kitchen to the bathroom and even the water you use to do laundry
- Harmful substances such as chlorine are removed as soon as the water enters the home’s plumbing system and are prevented from being released into the air
- Because chlorine and other harmful substances are removed from the water, such substances are prevented from becoming embedded in clothes and other fabrics during washing
- The overall healthfulness of the drinking water is greatly enhanced
- Pure water means cleaner air within the home which is beneficial for those who suffer from allergies and asthma
- Risks associated with contaminated water with drinking or showering are eliminated
- You are protected from the carcinogenic effects of drinking and inhaling chlorine and other harmful chemicals
- Your last means of protection when there is a breakdown of municipal water treatment and sanitation systems is a whole house water filtration system
Rest assured that every time you turn on the faucet to get a drink of water you will be getting water that has been filtered and is safe and healthy for you and your family to drink. Never worry again that your Southwest Florida drinking water is contaminated. Take showers with confidence, knowing you are showering in clean water without the harmful effects of inhaling chlorine and other dangerous chemicals. The authorities are not going to enforce the laws to ensure that Southwest Florida drinking water is safe. Therefore, you have to look out for your family by installing a whole house filtration system.